Day #10 is lists! Yay! Who doesn't love lists about themselves?
Share five random facts about yourself.
- I've been catching up on The Walking Dead lately (season #4! What's with all the filler episodes?!)
- I love my three cats to death and hope they don't freak out when the baby arrives. And by "freak out" I mean peeing everywhere or clawing things up or hurting the baby. #s 1 and 2 most likely.
- I go to bed pretty early these days. Like, before 10 most nights.
- I feel guilty about not exercising since I got pregnant. Aside from walking to work (approx 10-15 minutes each way) I don't exercise at all.
- I'm a pretty good baker. Bring me some berries and I will make you a killer pie, from scratch.
Share four things from your bucket list.
- Go to the Amazon and meet a shaman and, possibly, do an ayahuasca retreat
- Raise a child that doesn't need to go to therapy.... much
- Go back to Asia, this time with my husband (maybe Vietnam, Cambodia)
- Stay married. Hopefully have a happy one.
- I hope to finish out this semester strong and not let baby expectations dampen my love of the classroom
- I hope more students successfully complete my 115/116 hybrid paired course than they did last semester
- I hope childbirth goes OK and that we get through the first few months loving a healthy baby with our relationship in tact.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
- I cried over the student who said I was going to cost him his future, his athletic scholarship to a university, because I told him he wasn't going to pass my course
- I laugh constantly during work. It's my response to anything ridiculous, outrageous, or just plain funny. (In line for coffee this morning, I hear "I'm not going to class today." "Is the teacher doing anything important?" "No, it's just a review for the test Friday.") Chucklechucklechuckle. Sometimes, you gotta laugh.
- Speaking of laughter, if you make me laugh while you're telling me, I will accept pretty much anything you say.