Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day #10: LISTS!

In case you're just dropping in, this months posts are a response to the Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenge.  

Day #10 is lists! Yay! Who doesn't love lists about themselves? 



Share five random facts about yourself.

  1. I've been catching up on The Walking Dead lately (season #4! What's with all the filler episodes?!)
  2. I love my three cats to death and hope they don't freak out when the baby arrives. And by "freak out" I mean peeing everywhere or clawing things up or hurting the baby. #s 1 and  2 most likely.
  3. I go to bed pretty early these days. Like, before 10 most nights.
  4. I feel guilty about not exercising since I got pregnant. Aside from walking to work (approx 10-15 minutes each way) I don't exercise at all
  5. I'm a pretty good baker. Bring me some berries and I will make you a killer pie, from scratch.

Share four things from your bucket list.
  1. Go to the Amazon and meet a shaman and, possibly, do an ayahuasca retreat
  2. Raise a child that doesn't need to go to therapy.... much
  3. Go back to Asia, this time with my husband (maybe Vietnam, Cambodia)
  4. Stay married. Hopefully have a happy one.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
  1. I hope to finish out this semester strong and not let baby expectations dampen my love of the classroom
  2. I hope more students successfully complete my 115/116 hybrid paired course than they did last semester
  3. I hope childbirth goes OK and that we get through the first few months loving a healthy baby with our relationship in tact.

Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
  1. I cried over the student who said I was going to cost him his future, his athletic scholarship to a university, because I told him he wasn't going to pass my course
  2. I laugh constantly during work. It's my response to anything ridiculous, outrageous, or just plain funny. (In line for coffee this morning, I hear "I'm not going to class today." "Is the teacher doing anything important?" "No, it's just a review for the test Friday.") Chucklechucklechuckle. Sometimes, you gotta laugh.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
  1. Speaking of laughter, if you make me laugh while you're telling me, I will accept pretty much anything you say.

1 comment:

bayanprofessor said...

So cool to get to peek into your life this way! When I hear the comments you mentioned I grit my teeth, hoping not to say something I'll regret! This summer, I committed to watch Walking Dead. Got one season down . . . that's it!